Prev: Oops! Next: Re: Maps...What does Jon think?

Re: [FT] Pics posted

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 00:39:48 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Pics posted

At 02:34 AM 2/1/99 EST, you wrote:

><< Hiya Stephen!  Glad you liked the pics.  The stats are still a bit
of a
> "work in progress", but if you want a look-see go back up to
> http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/ and follow the link to the Imperial
Fleet.

>It looks like the Centaury from B5

For the most part, yes - I have always loved the Vorchan design :).  The
destroyers are Epic40K Eldar flyers, and the Fr'athra Cruisers are
actually
ESU Tibet light cruisers in disguise.  I have more conversions in
progress.

>...But I like your stats, they seem like the
>Kilrathi from WC.  What do the fighter codes mean (i.e. YY)?

The codes are just simple extrapolations of the standard ship codes used
now.  For a basic type code, you double the letter to make at least a
2-character code out of it.  For example, 'D' is for Destroyer class, so
'standard Destroyer' is a 'DD'.  Similarly, a Cruiser is a 'CC', a
Battleship is a 'BB', etc.  There are some exceptions - such as 'BC' for
the Battlecruiser class and 'DN' for the Dreadnought class (which
doesn't
exist in wet navies :).  I simply used 'Y' for fighters at the
suggestion
of another who used it for Bab5 games.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
  visit the Gear Locker at http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Oops! Next: Re: Maps...What does Jon think?