Prev: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.) Next: Re: making list

Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:04:40 -0600
Subject: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

John C wrote:

>   Lunar Class Cruiser
>      MASS: 145
>      Strong Hull (52 DP)	      52
>      10 Points of Armor	      10
>      THRUST: 2		      13
>      FTL			      13
>      Screen Level 2		      14
>	       ARMAMENTS
>      6xClass 2 Batteries	      12*
>      1 SML with a 4 load Magazine   11
>      2xPDS			       2
>      Lance System		      16
>      2xFireCons		       2
>
> *These are 3 arc guns; the MASS could probably be shaved down a
> little--not enough to make much difference, though.

	Well, I came up with the 2-arc-Class-2s for one reason:
Broadside-only
arcs.

> It's not THAT much bigger than yours; would it be workable?  That's
> without reducing the MASS of the Lance Emitter--that would bring it
down
> to 141...shave off a point of armor, and you are at 140.

	I noticed several errors in your calcuations.  First is an error
in the
area of Hull and DP; 40% of 145 is 58, not 52.	Secondly, the MASS for
the engines is wrong; 10% of 145 is 14.5 rounding up to 15.  The same
for the screens and FTL.

Lunar Class Cruiser
      MASS: 145
      Strong Hull (58 DP)	     58
      10 Points of Armor	     10
      THRUST: 2 		     15
      FTL			     15
      Screen Level 2		     15
	      ARMAMENTS
      6xClass 2 Batteries	     12*
      1 SML with a 4 load Magazine   11
      2xPDS			      2
      Lance System		     16
      2xFireCons		      2
			TOTAL MASS: 160
				    ^^^
	You are off by 15 MASS.

> I do, by the way, like your Ramming rules.  Using the Hull strength
> makes sense.	I'd still want to add some kind of Ram, to increase
damage
> a bit more (Too many years of Car Wars.  Gotta love those Ram Plates,
> don't you?), but that might be just guilding the lily.

	Well, I was think that the ram was merely a reflection of the
re-inforced nature of the ship hull strength.  The tougher the ship, the
stronger the ram.  I didn't want to make a ramming ship invulunerable
(though I can be if it rolls a 0 or negetive interger), I just wanted a
way to make ramming a more appealing option for people playing BFG/FT
games.

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"[When people] say 'let's do something about it,'
they mean 'lets get hold of the political machinery so that
we can do something to somebody else.' And that somebody is
invariably you."
					--Frank Chodorov

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.) Next: Re: making list