Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages

From: "Stop the car?? This is a car chase! I went through considerable trouble to set this up." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:45:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages

Thomas Anderson writes:

> - link-type distinction (didtinguish between links within the pedia
and
> links to external sites; perhaps include the latter in a 'references'
> section in the document rather than inline in the text)

By external sites you mean documentation or webpages hosted elsewhere?
Do you think this is really necessary? And if so, what reasoning do
you have for it?

As to the topic of backgrounds on pages, I'm for the default grey
background. In webmastering for my department when we had the option
of leaving our pages default grey or going with the white, everyone
except upper-upper management wanted the grey background. Upper-upper
management had this wild hair about white backgrounds on everything.
Okay, granted, I'm working with a restricted sampling of people, but
we all liked the grey background. I think it's easier on the eyes
(contrast isn't so harsh as it is with white).

Eh, my $0.02 worth.

Mk
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)