Prev: RE: Encyclopedia Test Pages Next: [FT] After action report: Ring Around the Starbase

[slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:30:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Thomas Anderson wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, John C wrote:
>
> > It helped that they tended to get VERY good writers when they
started
> > producing fiction.	Ian Watson is a first class author, as is Kim
> > Stanley Newman (who wrote under the name of Jack Yeovil).
>
> ummm... i don't know of a kim stanley newman. i know of a kim newman,
and
> i know of a kim stanley robinson (of 'coloured mars' infamy). i think
kim
> newman wrote for gw.

Infamy? You didn't like the "Red/Green/Blue Mars" trilogy? His
characters
are interesting, his science seems accurate (or at least a very high
order
of PSB) and the setting was interesting. (but then, I'm a
Mars-colonization and just-Mars story junkie...I own all of ERB's John
Carter of Mars books as well. Great silly space opera...)

'Anno Dracula' and 'Bloody Red Baron' by Newman are also good books, as
someone already mentioned. _Really_ alternate history...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: RE: Encyclopedia Test Pages Next: [FT] After action report: Ring Around the Starbase