Prev: Re: Encyclopedia Assignments Next: [slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...)

RE: Encyclopedia Test Pages

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:23:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Encyclopedia Test Pages

Tom Anderson wrote, on the subject of standardized and easy HTML code
for
the GZGpedia:

> - link-type distinction (didtinguish between links within the pedia
and
> links to external sites; perhaps include the latter in a 'references'
> section in the document rather than inline in the text)

On my page, I've left internal links in regular font and external links
in
<strong> is older and HTML standard AFAIK.)

I've tried to apply this standard throughout the site, and so far mostly
succeeded, I think. I've also got very few external links inside regular
text; they're mostly in seperate Links menus. Perhaps that's what we
should do - each article can have a small external links menu at the
very
bottom, along with related internal links, the way some real
encyclopedias
have both 'See Also..." (internal 'links') and a Bibilography ('external

links') at the end of each or most articles.

Oh, and I'll add to the requests for a seperate 'GZGpedia' mailing list
-
to which I'll subscribe...

My $0.02,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: Re: Encyclopedia Assignments Next: [slightly OT]SF novels (was Re: Rules for BFG/FT...)