Prev: [GenCon] Judges Needed! Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown

Re: [DSII] DFO Pods

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:02:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] DFO Pods

Andrew & Alex wrote:

>     Also, consider allowing aerospace vehicles to carry extra DFO pods
equal
> to the vehicle size class. So a size 7 aerospace bomber could carry an
extra
> 7 DFO pods on the wings and under the fuselage. The trade-off is a
> proportional increase in signature penalty as the DFO penalises
performance.
> For this example, 7 steps penalty to signature or 7 steps bonus to
attackers
> fire control.

The problem is, of course, that size class/signature has absolutely no
effect on the DSII battlefield.  It's all ECM and pilot quality.

I have been considering porting over the Air Defense Levels from SGII to
DSII.  Of course, the lower two levels (d4 & d6) are irrelevant, as they
represent air defense assets which are on the table at the DSII scale.

But I was considering forcing the off-board AD to first acquire, based
on Signature and Pilot quality, and then to hit, based on ECM and Pilot
Quality.  Comments?  And points costs for this thing?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [GenCon] Judges Needed! Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown