Prev: Re: 3D System modelling tool? Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages

Geo-Hex/GZG on TV: Pandemonium '99

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:34:35 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Geo-Hex/GZG on TV: Pandemonium '99

	Greetings!

	We would like to thank all who made the GZG/Geo-Hex events at
Pandemonium '99 a success!

>WHAT?	Pandemonium '99
	One of Canada's largest gaming conventions!

>WHEN?	January 23-24, 1999
	All day saturday and sunday!

	This year was a little crowded on Saturday, but too many gamers
was never a *bad* thing!  We were a little short handed, as our DSII
organizers couldn't make it and we couldn't free up enough time for the
alternates to take over, thus only Full Thrust and Stargrunt events were
run.  A big thanks to Geo-Hex of the US for supplying the great prizes!

	Tom ran his uber-fleet action again using the Musashi
"Starblazers" ships, and the game went *long* into the evening...  In
the
secondary board room, a smaller game involving NSL and ESU was underway,
with the NSL victorious...sort of.

	Four SGII events were run, three on Saturday.  The morning game
pitted militia against well-armoured regulars.	The second game involved
NAC colony world beset upon by mercs backed by the ESU.  The last game
on
saturday was our company game, involving a company of NSL (2 medium
infantry platoons and one gebirgs platoon, plus command) with heavy
armour
support (size 4 tank, size 4 combat walker, 3 size 1 infantry walkers,
and
"jeep-o-saurus"...).  The defenders consisted of ad hoc militia units
with
some FSE advisors, a few converted civilian/industrial infantry walkers,
and one size 2 FSE infantry walker.  Bad set-up bedeviled the defenders,
compounded by some bad luck.  The NSL cleaned up, with some minor
set-backs (nothing like a 4-man FSE recon squad *routing* and killing an
8-man FSE unit!<G>).  This game allowed us to play with our newly
painted
colonial militia and scandanavian platoons!  On Sunday, as small
recon-in-force game was run with PAU and Japanese Mercs, with the
Japanese
coming out on top.

	Our miniature events were shot by an interviewer from SPACE, the
Canadian Sci-Fi channel.  Starting on Weds., shorts on Pandemonium will
begin running on the SPACE channel throughout the next two weeks.  They
got lots of great shots of some of the SGII set-ups, as well as the
vehicles.  We had a few platoons set up for them to photograph, but the
vehicles turned out much better.  Dave ham-ed up for the camera and
plugged SG and FT, as well as talking about the history of miniature
games. :)

	Thanks again to the players and event organizers for another
great
year!  Hope to see you at Orion Con this April!

	Tom Cavanaugh
	Dave Graham
	Adrian Johnson
	Ken Winland

Prev: Re: 3D System modelling tool? Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages