Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Re: EG (Encyclopedia Galactica) - reply to (long post)

[OT] Name pronounciation

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:36:54 +0100
Subject: [OT] Name pronounciation

Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > Aaron wrote:
> > > just how you *pronounce*
> > > Oerjan in the first place,
> >
> > Haven't I told both of you (OK, written) how it's pronounced?
>
> ok, so it's "UURryun"?

Looks pretty close to the Welsh spelling (Urien) :-) (Etymologically a
completely different name, but it sounds almost identical...)

> > There. All cleared up now? ;-)
>
> ha! the english will never learn to pronounce foreign names correctly!

I know. Welsh, Scots and Irish are *much* better at it :-)

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth Next: Re: EG (Encyclopedia Galactica) - reply to (long post)