Prev: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown Next: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

Re: [IFWG] Timeline update

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:39:31 -0800
Subject: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update

Nathan Pettigrew wrote:

> Nyrath the nearly wise is trying to find a couple of systems for the
FCT to
> live in.  When we last chatted, he found one good star system and was
> looking for a couple more.

XXX
Thank you Nyrath.   JTL
XXX
> A couple of things that need to be figured out:
XXX
     Suggested order:

1)> Who are they allied with and set against?
     This in large part will determine the history of the FCT.
     Suggestions: 1 The FCT has a French attitude about weapons sales
		   to other powers. (Basically, sell to anybody.)
		  2 Is the UN really all goodie two shoes, or have
		   'incidents' happened the the UN will not
		   acknowledge.
		  3 The FCT is a good deal like the Swiss, well
		   armed and organized in defence of its territory.
		  4 Good to excellent relations with the NAC
		    New Tasmania, and smaller colonies with
		    roughly similar origins.
2)> Why did Austin and Fenris split from the NAC?
     Many possibilities here.
		     the UN 'took control' of the core systems.
		   2 Taxes
		   3 At some point the worlds were left without NAC
		     support during some war, and when the NAC came
		     back they were told: You left us during the
		     war and we have decided we don't need you now!.
3)> What is the current extent of FCT power?
     As a minor power the FCT would like have an agressive exploration
     policy and more than likely would not share much of the information
     it gained with major powers and UN types.	So, the actual extent
     is not known at present.	Additional colonies may exist: such as
     Bridgers worlds, a system with two habitable planets and currently
     a focal point of interest of the Kra'Vak, another alien race/s
as	 yet unknown in human space,  and the FCT.   JTL
XXX

> Volunteering my services for the FCT cause,
> Nathan
> (native and current Texan)
XXX
   Always worry about those who volunteer!

Except for the 'Texas Rangers' they perform the scouting services
for the FCT.   JTL
XXX

Bye for now,
John L>

Prev: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown Next: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR