Prev: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:27:50 -0500
Subject: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

>i've been pondering on gw -> gzg migration paths recently; i have a
friend
>who's deeply into most things gw, but is otherwise quite intelligent. i
>know that if he really got to know some non-gw games (gzg being the
>easiest to come by, and providing a total solution with ft/ds/sg), he
>would realise how bad gw stuff (mostly) is and be much better off.

(snip)

1) First realize that DS2 has a different feel that FT--substantially
more
complex (my opinion but other people on the list have also said it),
different mechanisms.
2) Decide which you'd like to lure him into--if it was me, it'd be FT.
3) "Hey, I need to play out a scenario for a campaign game, and I don't
want
to take both sides, could you help me out for an hour or so?"
4) Bring your best looking mini's or ask him to bring his own (unlike
what
I'd do, but There Will Be Paint, sooner or later.  Probably Later.  The
fact
that I have 4 year old unpainted lead has nothing to do with this....).
5) Make sure his side wins (use Indy's dice).

Prev: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report