Prev: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day Next: Re: Q Ship Module, was Re Jump Ships

Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:58:51 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

At 11:58 PM 1/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Aaron Teske wrote:
>> Well, yeah.	True.  I'd want a lot more practice, though, and besides
>> don't think I'd seriously enter the Imperium into the Tuffleyverse.
Too
>> out-of-place, if kinda fun. ^_^
>
>Hey, we've got Illuminati and K'rathri, and Ghu knows who else is gonna
>end up on those pages before I'm done.  Why not?

Well, okay, you *do* have a point there.  If the Kilr--um, K'rathi show
up,
I guess the Imperium can too.  (Though I've also got a lot of UPF ships
from Star Frontiers.... <grin> )

>> Besides, who says I agree with GW's "tactics"...?  Though the paint
scheme
>> on my vehicles isn't camoflage, although in the right terrain and
>> shadows/darkness it might not too *too* poorly. ^_^;
>> (http://www.hicom.net/~teske/minis/Epic.html, at the bottom.)
>
>Green flame?  Why not.

Exactly! ^_^  It's fun, on smooth surfaces.  It's kinda fun, if you're
feeling masochistic, on 3-D surfaces like the Vindicators. ^_^;

>> longer than the board" thing... well, maybe.  Dunno.  I guess I
should

>Except in GW, it's not.  :(

Well, another reason I prolly won't play the game... though since I
don't
really believe in tanks anyway.... <shrug>

(Though I guess KR's game at GZG-ECC II may attract my attention.
All-tank
games may be interesting, kinda like scaled-up WWII games or something.
Played ATAK once, kinda liked it except I wouldn't use the minis with
anything else... and have enough to paint, anyway. ^_^; )

>> temper my "played 40K twice" above with the fact that I did enjoy the
>> Necromunda campaign my friends & I played in school... but the two
games
>> are a bit different.
>
>Hey, now!  Necromunda was cool!  Which, I firmly believe, is why GW
>killed it.

Heh.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day Next: Re: Q Ship Module, was Re Jump Ships