Prev: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns Next: Re: Jump Ships

Re: Jump Ships

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:51:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Jump Ships

8
> mass 33 thrust 4, cargo 20 ships.  Just add 4 pulse torps to the "drop
> ships".....

Sure, no problem. As long as you pay for it in a "bring-and-buy" battle
(even if you don't put it on the table) it's OK - if you use the FT2
design system the tug will be Mass 264 (that's a *HUGE* ship in FT2) and
cost over 1700 points; in the FB it'll be much smaller and cheaper (Mass
77, cost 231 minimum, but then you have *no* defences on the tug
whatsoever).

...if you really mean "Mass 33, thrust 4, cargo 20" for the strikeboats,
you'll only be able to give them Fragile hulls - ie, 3 hull boxes each.
I'd give them 19 cargo spaces and Weak hulls instead; 7 hull boxes isn't
exactly much either, but it is a lot better... and you'll still be able
to fit 4 pulse torps and 3 HS of FCs and defences.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT]Twilight Imperium Campaigns Next: Re: Jump Ships