Prev: Re: [SG2] Urban combat Next: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning]

Re: Anyone use FB ships?

From: "Atcliffe, Phillip" <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:46:08 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Anyone use FB ships?

Do I use FB ships? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. For a quick "let's have
a game" session with my kids, the FB is great -- as was FT and MT in
the past. OTOH, I've designed plenty of ships to match the various
minis that I have, as have the boys, and we did that long before the FB
came out. We tend to use those designs (especially one Torpedo
Destroyer, which the younger boy came up with 'cause he likes the
Warsaw class so much -- and it can be fairly nasty in action) when we
have the time to plan a game in more detail. Oftimes, we'll design an
SSD to suit the mini -- for instance, the OU ships look to me like they
ought to carry EFSB-type beam systems.

Our mini collections include lots of Trek stuff (SFB, FASA, MM and
anything else we've got our hands on); an ever-increasing GZG
contingent of all races, both "stock" and heavily modified -- that
black, 3-engined Valley-Forge-on-steroids looks _mean!_; and we'd have
lots of B5 stuff for EFSB games if we could find any! I _wish_ AoG
would get their @rs*s into gear and start selling the minis over here!
It's very frustrating to read of people picking up Sharlins and Omegas
at close-out sales...!

Phil
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
   -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe
				(Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [SG2] Urban combat Next: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning]