Prev: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning] Next: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning]

Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:08:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

Brian Burger wrote:

> Stopgap rule ideas: Bridgelayers: Bridge takes up the whole damn hull.
> Size of bridge carried (therefore weight limit on bridge) is equal to
the
> vehicle's hull size. Only the 'free' APSW is allowed - maybe not even
> that.

I wouldn't even mount that.  Where do you put it?  You don't put it on
top, 'coz the verdammt bridge is on top.  Who fires it?  No one has a
spare hand to fire it.

> CEV/armour repair package: Don't know. Biggish - call it 10 to 15 cap
> points. I haven't got my DS2 book n front of me.

I cringe every time those two are stuck together.  Let me suggest:

ARV (Armored Recovery Vehicle):  Dependant on size class of vehicle
recovered:
1: 5
2: 10
3: 15
4: 20
5: 25

IOW, to recover a LAV (size 2) you can use a dedicated LAV variant.  To
recover a Main Battle Tank,  (size 4) you need a dedicated MBT variant.

Combat Engineer Vehicle: I split this out by function.
Demolition
Mine Dection/Removal
Digging/Construction (Scoop arm and dozer blade for digging fighting
positions)
Minelaying.

Let me suggest, as a working concept
Demo: 6
Mine Detection: 2
Const/Digging:4
Mine Removal:3

Of course, then we have to work up points costs for each of these
capabilities seperately.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning] Next: Re: the Great game [Crossover Warning]