Prev: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships Next: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR.

Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:42:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships

>I'm putting together a game for 6 players, who have one or two FT games
under
>their belts, and want to play with the _really_ big ships.  I've got
enough
>NAC and FSE ships for about 15 a side, say 4-5 Superdreadnaughts,
>Battledreadnaughts, and Battleships, 2-3 Heavy Cruisers, 2-3 Light
Cruisers,
>and 5-6 Destroyers a side.  Any ideas for a plausible scenario other
than
the
>old come in on opposite sides of the table and fire away?  My table is
6 by
8.
>Jed Docherty

Here's a subtle variation that has worked well--both teams come in the
SAME
side.  Say one short side is North, have them come in at northeast
corner,
NW corner, both headed for South side.	South side is a planet that one
side
has to bomb, the other side has to protect.  Running into the planet,
however, is a Bad Idea.  I haven't done this is FT but when we used to
play
Wooden Ships & Iron Men it was our normal starting point.

Prev: Re: [FT] scenario ideas for big ships Next: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR.