Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here] Next: Stargrunt/Dirtside

Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:58:15 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

Aaron Teske wrote:

> Well, yeah.  True.  I'd want a lot more practice, though, and besides
> don't think I'd seriously enter the Imperium into the Tuffleyverse.
Too
> out-of-place, if kinda fun. ^_^

Hey, we've got Illuminati and K'rathri, and Ghu knows who else is gonna
end up on those pages before I'm done.	Why not?

> Besides, who says I agree with GW's "tactics"...?  Though the paint
scheme
> on my vehicles isn't camoflage, although in the right terrain and
> shadows/darkness it might not too *too* poorly. ^_^;
> (http://www.hicom.net/~teske/minis/Epic.html, at the bottom.)

Green flame?  Why not.

> Hmm.	Fascinating. <shrug>  Well, whatever -- I'm not that big a
believer
> in tanks for skirmish scale combat, anyway.  That whole "range (should
be)

Me either.  When I get around to managing regular Stargrunt games, it's
gonna be infantry only, plus soft-skin vehicles and grav bikes, maybe
jeeps or such if anyone buys and paints 'em.

> longer than the board" thing... well, maybe.	Dunno.	I guess I should

Except in GW, it's not.  :(

> temper my "played 40K twice" above with the fact that I did enjoy the
> Necromunda campaign my friends & I played in school... but the two
games
> are a bit different.

Hey, now!  Necromunda was cool!  Which, I firmly believe, is why GW
killed it.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here] Next: Stargrunt/Dirtside