Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States Next: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States

Re: Union of Border Worlds

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:03:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Union of Border Worlds

>Hi,
>I would like to hear any ideas you have on the fallowing:
>Union of Border Worlds

[snip]

I would have the transport company run by someone other than his sister,
and the transport company might want for a different name. It all sounds
just a little TOO convenient at the moment.

I would delve a little bit farther into the political motivations as
well.
It's going to take rather alot, probably more than a common enemy to get
disparate bunch like the NAC, FSE, and ESU into bed together.

Also, the major (and minor) powers didn't really ignore the K'V
incursions,
they were simply very partisan in what they defended.

If this Union did come about, I would think that it would be a temporary
entity. The timeline indicates that even though there was a limited
spirit
of cooperation during the first few years after contact, they were back
the same old games after the immediate threat had passed.

Schoon