Prev: Re: Background questions Next: Re: Union of Border Worlds

Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:50:35 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States

jim clem wrote:

> A fine mornin' gentlemen, and any of you kind ladies there as well.  I
> am proud to announce the forming of a new polity for the FT universe,
> The New Confederate States.  We are currently accepting applications
for

Yet another unofficial power.

So far we have the Alarishi, New Roman Empire, New Confederate States,
Union of Border Worlds, Free Ukranians, New Sicilians, New Serbia, and
New Tiblisi (last four are supporting cast for NRE) who else?

Methinks I'm going to put together a "minor power central" page listing
all homebrew nations out there on the web.  If you're not on the list
above, let me know.  Nations mentioned in Canonical material need not
apply.	:)

Side note:  Of the four above (not counting the spin-off background from
the NRE-verse), two split off from the NAC. Interesting.

BTW, how many independant minor nations not affiliated with any of the
Terran superstates do y'all see as existing?  My rule of thumb in my
NRE-verse has been that for every star colonized by an official
expedition and still under control of their patron power, there is
another which was settled by disidents, has sucessfully revolted, or
otherwise has few ties to Mother Terra and her beauracrats.  Ratio is
higher for former EU colonies which had a beautiful chance to break away
when the French and Germans went at it.  Independants tend to be on the
fringes of settled space and/or marginal planets.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Background questions Next: Re: Union of Border Worlds