Prev: RE: Haha!! Next: Re: The many Marks of the GZG Mailing List. (Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))

Re: Tactics Question

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:39:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Tactics Question

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> I have to agree with the German/Allied analogy. Concentrate on MORE
with
> better weapons and armor. He may be very manueverable, but he's gotta
> come at you sooner or later, then what?

More is better, especially if you get more the way the soviets did
building tanks near the end of WW2 - superb, robust, affordable tanks
in vast numbers. High in quality and large in number. The Germans,
OTOH, seemed to produce excellent tanks with good guns and tough
armour but they seemed to be more expensive to produce. The Americans
had the third strategy - crappy tanks in incredible numbers and an
airforce to kick butt.

Basically, build more vehicles with heavy armour and a heavy throw
weight	or a lot of torps and beams. Let him use his superior thrust
to tour the universe - he still has to come to where your formation
lives and there you have the armour and FP and maybe numeric
advantages too. Fight the fight on YOUR terms, and your enemy will
have a hard time winning.

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255