Prev: Re: FT-ST thoughts (was: RE: Directional armor & shields) Next: Re: Hardened Systems

Re: Directional armor & shields

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:10:59 PST
Subject: Re: Directional armor & shields

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:15:19 -0800
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>

>I also like the idea of allocated screens.  Standard screens cover 6
arcs,
>at a value of 1 each.	Instead allow each screen generator to generate
6
>points of screening, which can be allocated as desired among the arcs
(but
>this allocation if fixed and graphically portrayed around the
individual
[snip]

I'm sorry gentlemen, but this smacks way too much of SFB. I got out of
that
game because of complexity like that. It allows for too many rules
lawyers
and loophole searchers.

Schoon

As you watch your screens, the space before you begins to shimmer, and,
like a snake shedding its skin, the stars peel back to reveal a Romulan
cruiser exiting cloak.	It hails you........

---------------------------

Hi all.  Normally I just lurk, taking in the discussion and snagging
things I find useful.  What a prolific bunch you are!  My reason for
dropping cloak is that I agree with schoon about the complexity of SFB,
for it is the same thing that drove me to FT.  I've been considering
converting SFB to FT, hopefully to have something up on my web site
before too long.  Would anyone here be interested in contributing or
testing?  If so, please let me know.

Thanks.  Execute cloak.

.........and you're alone again, or are you??

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
REALITY.SYS Corrupted:	Re-Boot Universe?  (Y/N/Q)
In God we trust, everyone else SQUAWK MODE IV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tigger of Borg:  ASSIMILATING!!!  Thats what Tiggers do Best!

Prev: Re: FT-ST thoughts (was: RE: Directional armor & shields) Next: Re: Hardened Systems