Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Hardened Systems

Re: Directional armor & shields

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:42:14 EST
Subject: Re: Directional armor & shields

<< I also think that directional armor would be neat in combination with
 normal armor per FTFB, if I could only come up with some sort of
rational
 justfication - I haven't been able to yet...

 Leave standard armor as is - a bit of all around protection, while
getting
 more of the cheaper directional armor and place it on the arcs which
you
 intend to keep facing your opponents.	The hard part, of course, is to
keep
 those sides facing the enemy...

 I also like the idea of allocated screens.  Standard screens cover 6
arcs,
 at a value of 1 each.	Instead allow each screen generator to generate
6
 points of screening, which can be allocated as desired among the arcs
(but
 this allocation if fixed and graphically portrayed around the
individual
 screen generator). When a screen generator fails a threshold, you know
 exactly which screens are reduced. Overlapping screens are permitted,
and
 when this occurs you simply add their individual protection levels
 together.  Note however that the maximum effective screen level is
still 2
 - so extra overlapping screens provide redundancy, not higher levels of
 defense.

 Jared Noble >>
Nice idea, I think that it will work, now I just have to find some one
to play
test it.  I think that there should be a shield gen that could reinforce
shields as they went down, it would cost more in points.
My $.02
Stephen

Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Hardened Systems