Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems

Re: [DSII] Point defence...

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:50:54 +1300
Subject: Re: [DSII] Point defence...

Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

>I think John meant that the tank carrying the THEL is stationary, not
>that its target would be...
    Oops! :-) Sorry!

>If it becomes obvious that smart rounds, missiles etc are going to need
>stealth and/or counter measures in order to do their job against
>protection, you can bet any amount you like that they're going to get
it
>pretty damn fast. I don't expect the counter-measures and stealth to
work
>all the time, but they'd certainly reduce the efficiency of the THEL..
>
> Which in DSII terms means that we'll get a "opposed die-roll"
situation
>for all incoming artillery rounds and similar against point/area
defence,
>just as we already have for GSM :-)
    So, we'll have Basic, Enhanced and Superior fire control
artillery...
:-)
I haven't worked out a system for this yet! :-)

>BTW, the IDF hopes to deploy their "area defence" systems late this
year.
>I mis-read the JDW article by half a year :-) So if they manage their
>schedule, we'll know in a year or two how successful they are against
>Katyusha-style rocket artillery...
    Katyusha probably has "Dumb" fire control. :-)

Andrew Martin
-------------
ICQ #:26227169
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems Next: Re: [FT] Hardened Systems