Prev: Re: [FTFB] FAQ request (was Re: [FTFB] NPV cost error in NSL BDN?) Next: Re: FTL Mines

Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:23:32 +0100
Subject: Re: Fleet Book Rules Q

-MWS- wrote:

> Here's something that came up in tonight's FFA game that needs an
> "official ruling" and a FAQ entry.
>
> Heavy Fighters vs. Class-1-Beams-as-PDS
> ---------------------------------------
> The behavior of Class 1 beams used as PDS firing at Heavy Fighters
> ("4's have no effects") is undefined.  Since Class 1 beams vs fighters

> normally only hit on a 5&6 anyway - doing 1 kill on success -
"ignoring

> 4's" is a NOP as written.

This *does* define the effect of being Heavy when hit by a Class-1 -
namely, none at all.

The Class-1 packs so much more punch that the extra protection carried
by
a Heavy fighter isn't enough to save the craft if it is hit.

(So, Jon, my vote is for your "option 2" - but drop the "as if it has
Screen level 1" part of the Heavy Fighter description in FT3 :-)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FTFB] FAQ request (was Re: [FTFB] NPV cost error in NSL BDN?) Next: Re: FTL Mines