Prev: Re: [OT] MRE Next: Re: Ubermensch in DSII? GW-thread?

Re: [OT] MRE

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 01:53:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] MRE

>     Oh yeah.	IF you eat everything in the pack it is 3000 calories.
NOTE:
> save the heater elements. you can make nifty little bomb devices out
of
> them.  we plan on throwing a couple hundred into the local swimming
pool.
> Wonder if magnesium and chlorine react?

Ah, yes.  The infamous MRE bombs.  Legend has it that two years ago,
some guys from my unit (including our XO, the incomprable 1LT Gordon
Cjaka, from whom I bought about 200 modern microarmor minis for $50 'coz
he just didn't want them anymore.  Ex-enlisted, and a SPC's sense of
humor) made an MRE bomb out of a 5 gallon can and about 20 or so
heaters.  When they set it off, range control called up and asked why
they were setting off demo!

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [OT] MRE Next: Re: Ubermensch in DSII? GW-thread?