Prev: Re: Ubermensch in DSII? Next: Re: Ubermensch in DSII?

Re: Ubermensch in DSII?

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:38:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Ubermensch in DSII?

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Physical: Imperials have a basic movement of 8"/d8x2".  When
encumbered,
> this drops to 6"/d6x2".  All Imperials get a +2 Die Shift in close
> combat, reflecting their greater strength, reach, and speed.

Are they more bulletproof or immune to grenades? Most modern CC is
not bayonet and combat knife! I think 1 shift would be generous
enough.

 However,
> because of their great size, Imperials are considered to be one range
> band closer than they actually are when under fire.

Oh, now that is harsh.

> Mental: Imperials are themselves immune to *Terror*, but cause it when

> charging normal humans.

I see they must be bullet resistant.

 Imperials may automatically discard the first
> "Under Fire" marker placed upon them without charge during their
> activation (To translate that into English, an Imperial unit with two
> "Under Fire" markers on it may discard the first one without having to

> roll, but must roll as normal for the second marker.).  Imperials
always
> have "High" mission motivation.  Imperials have no regard for their
> wounded comrades, and are not obligated to attend to them in any way
> (although a bullet in the head, to "put him out of *our* misery", is
not
> uncommon).  Lastly, Imperials will not rout; if they are ever broken,
> they will charge the nearest enemy unit.

Gosh, sounds like a GW space marine force (grin).

> On the downside, their birthrate has been declining for several
> centuries now, and suicide is the most common cause of death in the
> Imperium, but that doesn't have all that much effect upon the gaming
> table.

Suicide on the SG2 gaming table should be common for these units as
they are used to weapons being ineffective and close combat being the
true way to kill things (Of course, the latest 40K does try to fix
this.... a bit).

Good fun, for certain! And an excuse to use the UberFigures of GW....
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Ubermensch in DSII? Next: Re: Ubermensch in DSII?