Prev: Re: [DS] GZG grav tank stands Next: Re: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 07:53:07 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@interlog.com [mailto:agoodall@interlog.com]

SNIP

>The reason that I came up with my idea was that it didn't actually
change
the
>rules. In fact, it doesn't change the probabilities, just the
deviation.
The
>Quick n' Dirty approach in the rules actually used a different
variation on
>the rules. It made range less of an issue and seemed to flatten out the
effect
>of different weapon systems. I wasn't sure I'd like that. My method has
the
>advantage of keeping all those things in the rules.

Hi Alan,

I actually like your approach; when the SQUAD fires on a target your
resolution method uses a single die roll to represent a SQUAD fire
effectiveness. Unfortunately for some people it seems that the fire may
be
ALL effective or NONE (correct me if my understanding of your method is
incorrect)and they may not like that.

I'm not sure if it will make the game go all that much quicker. From our
games we generally seem to get around two or three casualties per ranged
combat. Most fire is actually done at longer ranges or the troops at
close
range make good use of cover and IP, so potential casualties are lower
then
what you seem to experience. At closer ranges we tend to get into close
assaults after suppressing the target.

Anyway, I'll give your system a go and let you know how it actually
plays!

Cheers,

Owen

Prev: Re: [DS] GZG grav tank stands Next: Re: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt