Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .

Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .

From: "Ya know, 'androgynous' is an awful big word for a thursday" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:46:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .

>[snip]
>> Q: why does the Fr'thra cruiser have *4* firecons? Talk about
redundancy in
>> backup systems!  ;-)
>
>Mostly because I'm consistantly losing FiCons in disproportionate
numbers to
>threshold checks - I could have really used a third FiCon on the
Gr'kekh CH to
>shoot off the wave gun (both FiCons were crit'ed on the same check
<grrr>),
>and the Gr'kaa CH lost all three FiCons at once.  I started wondering
why I
>couldn't roll that many sixes in a row for my attack rolls . . .

You obviously are suffering from what I think is called 'The Indy
Effect'.
Except for me it happens for *firing* my pulse torps, not losing my
firecons.
;-)

Mk/Indy
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [FT] After action report - first FB rules game for me . . .