Next: Geo-Hex Service

Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:05:17 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

Brian Burger wrote:

>In an anti-vehicle role, treat exactly as CMDs. 6" out from all sides
of
>vehicle, and roll d10 for all figures attacked. There are assumed to be
>enough charges on any given face of the vehicle to provide multiple
>use.(see pg 55 SG2 for CMD rules)
>(If you want to track ammo, go ahead. I can't be bothered).

I'll have to look at the CMD rules on Wednesday night.

> VERY IMPORTANT: APFCs _will_not_function_at_all if there is friendly
>infantry within 10" of the vehicle - either IFF transponders or the
>vehicle crew putting the system on safe to avoid shredding their own
>grunts. Safing an APFC system does not require an action, nor does
>re-activating the system. (the computer takes care of it, or one switch
is
>thrown)
>
>OPTION: Have APFCs always live, unless specifically turned off. If
>friendly inf get too close, tough luck. This might especially be the
case
>w/ lo-tech armies - faulty or no IFFs, or faulty/no vehicle computers
>handle it.

Another use for EW troops: disrupting the enemy's IFF communications...

>In an anti-buzzbomb (IAVR) role, live APFC systems add a d8 to the
>vehicles defence roll - roll the range die plus the d8, just like
infatnry
>in cover add a d6. APFCs do not function against GMSs - they come in
too
>fast.(PSB, but it sounds good, and matches the DS2 rules)

Low tech forces may not have APFCs capable of intercepting IAVRs.
Just a thought.

>APFCs take up one capacity space, just like the DS2 system.
>---
>These have recieved only basic solo playtesting, but they seem good and
>are, I think, fairly close to the DS2 rules for APFCs. I can't recall
that
>we've ever had an SG2 game where enemy infantry got within 6" of a
>vehicle, but anything can happen...the anti-IAVR capability could be
>useful.
>
>Let me know what you think,

The rules seem quite reasonable. I'm willing to give them a try.

       Tony Christney
       tchristney@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Next: Geo-Hex Service