Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . . Next: Re: [DS2]Moon - Help Requested

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:26:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Chen-Song spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> But we actually have a lot more money now too.  But the real problem
is
> probably going to be conscription, which will have to be implemented
> build a large army.

We have a debt load per head already equivalent to a third world
nation. We're making progress on our deficit, but that is only the
annual debt INCREASE. And war is EXPENSIVE. Where do you think income
tax comes from? Previous war costs. So... we start in the whole,
it costs way more to field a force (not only in gross terms, but
proportionately on a per man or machine basis), and we already are
sadled with a debt.

And yes, trying to make conscription fly would be another case
like being put in a sack of wildcats and put in a shower. Far to
painful for contemplation.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . . Next: Re: [DS2]Moon - Help Requested