Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:18:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

>I don't have anything against most Mormons (the former Governor of
>Arizona who thought he had achieved Godhood and was impeached for
>embezzlement is an exception) but that's an honest call on the future
of
>Utah.	It's no more intended to be deliberately offensive than the
>references by our Trans-Atlantic cousin to the "Fudamentalist Christian
>Coalition" is intended to be derogatory to the average Christian[2].
>
>[1]For those not familliar with Mormon buzzwords, this is a non-Mormon,
>not a non-Jew.
>[2]Assuming said Christian is not a Pat Buchanan/Pat
>Robertson-worshiping fascist, that is (I can say this--it describes
more
>than one  of my relatives.)
>
>John M. Atkinson

John - by "Fundamentalist Christian Coalition" I was specifically
referring
to the "Pat Robertson-worshiping fascist" types - who as far as I'm
concerned bear about as much relationship to what Christianity is really
about as the nutcase Islamic fundamentalists do to what Islam is about.
Certainly no offense to Christians was meant by it.  I certainly don't
want
to get into a debate about the propriety of such comments - if I
offended
anyone, I sincerly apologise.  I'll think more in future before casually
throwing off such comments.

By the way - as to the "Trans-Atlantic cousin" part...	I was born,
raised
and still live in good ole' Toronto - I'm Canadian, and I've been in and
out of the US for my whole life, as well as studying US history in both
highschool and university...   I'm not saying that increases the
validity
of my points - just that I'm not viewing the US as a complete
"outsider"...

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units