Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:06:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

>Adrian Johnson wrote:
>
>> Yes.  Very true.  What's the Second US Civil War about?  I kind of
pictured
>> it as a big combination of factors - such as the growth of a Hispanic
>> majority in the South West, many of whom would be illegal immigrants
(this
>> isn't meant in any way to be a slur against Hispanic Americans - just
>> reflection of social trends that are already developing) - and by
this time
>> you'd be getting second-generation "illegals" who are hiding from the
>> system.  Massive youth-gang problems throughout much of this region.
>> Drug-based crime.  Reactions to this from extremists - such as the
highly
>> conservative "religious-right" - Christians they may claim to be -
tolerant
>> they ain't...
>
>I don't buy this interpretation at all--the Religious Right are a pack
>of blowhards, but as unlikely to nuke American cities or actually form
>an effective military force as they are to grow wings and participate
in
>Gay Pride marches.  And the idea of the military siding with them is a
>little far fetched.

It's a story.  The whole idea of the US destroying itself in a civil war
is
far fetched.  So is faster than light space travel, but that's hardly
the
point.

Do you have any constructive suggestions?

>> >Except we seem to have misplaced a third of the US's population.
>
>> No - the other 80 - 100 million are the Hispanics who I mentioned
later.
>> OK, I'm playing a bit fast and loose with the numbers, but that
doesn't
>> really change my point, which was that the majority of the FOUNDERS
of the
>> NAC were English speakers...
>
>The US population is about 285 million, of whom 75% are non-Hispanic
>Whites.  You've misplaced a lot of Americans, and that's assuming no
>population growth.
>
>John M. Atkinson

25% of 285 million is 71.25 million - that leaves appx. 210 million
Americans who are "non-Hispanic Whites".  I guestimated about 200
million
And Hispanics are by far the fastest growing population group.	Once
again,
this timeline is set *decades* from now... decades of population growth,
mostly Hispanic.  White populations in most of North America and Western
Europe have negative growth, and that trend is not reversing - the
number
of "whites" in the US in thirty years will be less than now - though
this
starts to get really complex 'cause there are a LOT of Hispanics who are
"whites".  The Hispanic population of the US in 30 years will be
significantly greater as a percentage of the total than it is now.  I
suggested that they would be up near 80 to 100 million in my revised
post,
and around 70 million in my first post.  And I suggested 200 million
English-speaking Americans would be joining the NAC.  I don't see how
I've
misplaced anybody in any significant way.  OK, maybe there's 10 or 20
million extra English speaking Americans who join the NAC.  My whole
point
about the numbers was an explanation of why the NAC is English speaking
and
"Anglian"...  If you want to revise the number of English speaking
Americans upward, fine - that makes my point stronger.	I don't really
see
any point in continuing to debate over numbers that don't really affect
the
core concept of what we were discussing, though.