Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada and the leadup to the NAC (long) Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC (really long)

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:31:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC (really long)

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> That seems likely. Talk about a scary alliance - a PAU/IF alliance.
> Lots of experience, lots of willpower, lots of fanaticism. And a
> large resource base and a HUGE manpower base. Mind you, maybe not the
> best organized, but scary nonetheless.

Yeah great at generating the most horrific forms of vilence but
staggeringly
incompetent militarily against anything other than their own ilk. (If
they're
anything at all like tehy are today....)

>  Then
> > there's New Israel and Atkinson's rabid NREs (Assuming they're
anything
> > like him <VBG>)
>
> According to quotes from John, I've heard him identify himself with
> their head of government.....

What you mean like cousins?

> > Then comes the bugs........
> >
> > In 2200 Humanity runs flat up against "the Bugs" (Tyrannid types are
> > more of a galatic threat than just pure Heinlein Arachnids, but any
> > would do). For the first time the very existance of humanity is
> > threatened.
>
> No... again. I think the Savasku and The KraVak should pose that kind
> of threat.

Well, maybe I'm wrong but the Kra'Vak being this clan based Hunter race,
while
being a great hreat, never have it in tehir intent to exterminate
Humanity.
they're just picking fruit out of the garden that they happen to be
moving
through. And the Savasku, are not by natures a war mongering race, I
think it
even mentions that in one of the books (though I don't havethem beside
me).

Another differentiator is that "the bugs" (working title), have no
concern for
casualties and stuff nlike teh KV and SV in which self perservatin of
individual ships/beings is an issue (surrender/switch).

>  The Bugs first come across PAU/IF space and eradicated tens
> > of billions as whole planets are consumed.
>
> I doubt it. I don't think the total offplanet IF/PAU population would
> exceed about 1 Billion if that. Do the math. Even with forced exodus.
> Even with faster colonial growth rates and no diebacks and good
> living space. And no wars. All of which are awful assumpitons.

Are you high? They F*ck like rabbits. And remember this is a 100 or 150
years
in the future of most of the gaming we're doing. (Mid 2100s). But OK
maybe not
tens of billions.

>  By
> > the time the ESU and SHH (Solar Human Hegomony NSL/NAC/OU etc),
>
> Hmm. I think in the long run, whoever is getting eaten will be the
> most in favour of such an alliance. Their enemies will hold out to
> let them get eaten, only acting when their interests are at stake.

The attitude you mention is valid to a limited point. (And reflects the
demise
of many PAU/IF planets). But no power once appraise of the severe
gravity of
the situation (and maybe getting a taste of it on some outlying
colonies) will
fail to see that the threat is so grave that it's work together or all
die.
That's just a profound lack of intelligence. (on their part, not yours,
becasue their would be politicians that have that attitude on all
powers.)

> Well, I sort of figured that would happen with the Kra-Vak. I'm
> looking to run a Batlle of the Line scenario or the Invasion of Earth
> at GZG ECC 00.

Yes the bug situation is jsut a more sever version of the KV situation.I
mean
we'll need otehr wars to fight after them. In fact they might even be
alllies
by then.

Los

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada and the leadup to the NAC (long) Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC