Prev: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC Next: UN Security Council

Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:28:45 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

G'day Aaron,

>As I recall, Antarctica doesn't actually get very much precipitation at
all
>-- it's just that whatever *does* fall, never goes away.

Yep it just keeps going around and around in one very COLD windstorm!
Its a
major contributor to what the guys here call the A-factor
(Antarctic-factor) - i.e. anything you could get done inside a month
here
could easily stretch out for a year down there. Basically Murphy's law
rules supreme.

>Neat background for the IAS, though. ^_^

Thanks. I've still got to work a few more nuances out before I present
it
for general inspection though.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [FT][SG][DS] Structure of the NAC Next: UN Security Council