Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 22:26:00 -0500 (EST)

Very Alien Kra'Vak ship design

Redesign of Kra'Vak ship design based on the use of advanced Gravimetric
power source.

Hull - Weak  20% of mass     30% hull boxes
       Avg   30% of mass     40% hull boxes
       Str   40% of mass     50% hull boxes
       Super 50% of mass     60% hull boxes

Drive Unit     10% of mass     mass x4
FTL Drive      10% of mass     mass x5

Integral Armour
Level 1        5% of mass    mass x6
Level 2       10% of mass    mass x6

Core Systems
Scattergun	      1 mass   10 points
FireCon 	      1 mass	4 points
ADFC (?)	      2 mass	8 points
Hanger bay	      9 mass   90 points
Heavy Fighters	      0 mass   30 points
Cargo Bay	      1 per space  0 points

OK heres where it gets weird:

All power for thrust and weapons come from the same power source - The
Gravimetric Powerplant.

Gravimetric Powerplant
Total ship mass / 5 = max powerpoints (round down) or GPPs.
Points = powerpoints

Example = 72 mass Heavy Cruiser would have 14 powerpoints or GPPs'.

Combat:
GravRailguns cost  2 mass  10 points per barrel  - single arc only.
GravRailgun Damage/to-hit dice = 1d6 for each GPP applied.
GRG range is 12" for every GPP applied.
Maximum GPP applied to any barrel is 4 GPP.

'to-hit' chart			    Damage chart: per die rolled to hit
0 - 12"     3+			    1- 3 = 1 point
12 - 24"    4+			    4 -5 = GPP x1
24 - 36"    5+			      6  = GPP x2
36 - 48"    6+

'K' Armour Modifier
level 1  -1 per Damage die
level 2  -2 per Damage die

Movement:
Thrust 1 thrust point = 1 GPP.
Use Full Thrust Rating for maneuvering.
Maxium 10 GPP applied at any one turn.

Example:

Va'Dok Heavy Cruiser:
72 mass

Hull			    72 points
Hull avg -	22 mass     72 points
GPP		14 mass     70 points
FTL		 7 mass     28 points
DU		 7 mass     28 points
Subtotal	 50 mass    270 points

Level 1 armour		    4 mass     24 points
2 FireCons		    2 mass	8 points
4 scatterguns		    4 mass	20 points
6 Barrels (4 fwd/1p/1stb)  12 mass	60 points
subtotal		   22 mass     112 points

Total	    72 mass	382 points

Damage Control, Status Please

Steven

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] New Israel - Re: National Differences (Long)