Prev: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: RE: Canada in NAC / India in UN

Re: [DS] Why play DS?

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 02:13:57 GMT
Subject: Re: [DS] Why play DS?

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:31:12 EST, JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

>I'm a big fan of FT and SG, but every time I try to read DS I long for
the
>elegant simplicity of FT and SG.  In contrast DS just seems too
cumbersome and
>detailed.

Hmmm... I played DS2 a few times before playing SG2. My thoughts were
the
other way around: I found in the games that I played that DS2 was a
little
more smooth than SG2. The games seem to finish quicker, though I think
that's
because I've been playing big sized SG2 games versus smaller sized DS2
games.
Even still, I found DS2 no harder to get into than SG2 and maybe
slightly
easier.

The daunting part of DS2 is that the vehicle design rules are right up
front
and more complex than the same rules in SG2. They aren't difficult, but
they
are kind of "in your face" right away. A book of already generated
vehicle
stats would help, I agree. So does a spreadsheet, which several of us
have
created.

In play, though, I found DS2 to be just as smooth as SG2.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: RE: Canada in NAC / India in UN