Prev: Re: GZG-DigestQuestion Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:33:32 -0800
Subject: Re: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

Hey, I'm doing the same thing! It's slow at work, so I get to use
my high-school trigonometry to design my armour (I don't have
AutoCad at work). When (if) I get done, I can post the plans as a
PDF, if anyone likes.

I find that heavily reinforcing any corners with white glue gives
the impression of nice, solid welds. As an added bonus, it makes
the model nearly indestructible.

As for painting cardboard. . .
As long as it is glued together solidly, I have had no problems.
I usually prime with a black acrylic spray paint. If you give
several light coats, the cardboard will become impermeable to
water, so you can wash it, etc, just like a plastic model.

Happy building,

Paul

Michael Blair wrote:

> I have been exprimenting with building 25mm vehicles out of cardboard.
> Draw	it out, score, cut and glue. So far all I  have  is an APC,  the
> shape of which is more complicated than an M113 (but then, so are some
> shoe boxes). It needs tarting up, with bits from the spares box and I
> have some wire mesh that will make inteesting chertzen, the space
behind
<snip>

Prev: Re: GZG-DigestQuestion Next: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns