Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Kra'Vak Railguns Damage Take 3

Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Star s)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:34:09 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Star s)

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
> Glover, Owen wrote:
> > OK, here John has presumed an almost total UK oriented NAC. Yet I
get the
> Not necessarily in it's mature form, but the early years were likely
> much more UK-dominated, as US had just had a Civil War that involved
> limited nuclear usage.  UK troops were apparently policing US streets.

> That's enough to send a lot of people into a bit of a nationalistic
> frenzy.

perhaps this idea of usa / uk dominance is not really useful; we are
thinking of one country composed of two nations. what is to say that the
cultures won't blend into each other quite quickly - a revival of the
bowler hat on the streets of philadelphia, the appearance of buicks in
liverpool.

also, there is the revisionist view that the usa actually is britain,
and
the uk is germany: the war of indpendence was won by free-thinking
englishmen against the armies of a german king. one day, true englishmen
in the uk will rise up, overthrow the hated continental oppressor (the
queen still signs bills into law in french!) and rejoin with our
brothers
across the sea.

Tom

Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Kra'Vak Railguns Damage Take 3