Prev: RE: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up! (was Re:[FT]Size of "Countries" in FT) Next: Re: [FT] Map 2

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 10:33:02 -0800

At 06:21 PM 12/2/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Tony Christney wrote:
>
>I may have misunderstood in that I thoiught you were saying ships could
be
>ambushed ON THE WAY to any given planet. That I found virtually
impossible,
>but of course a world stuck "out there" has a problem. 201 LY is how
many
>days travel 20 days at 2 jumps a day. It is a	long way.

20 ly, not 201 ly. Sometimes I hate typewriter fonts!

>> In any event, I was just trying to give you a suggestion to think
>> about. I'll put Rot Hafen wherever you want it. Period.
>>

>I'm not averse to changing the location. I can change the star pretty
easy in
>the story. Can you gen upa real star  somewhere near the rim?

I can't, but I'm sure some astronomers could help out (I'm just a
lowly physicist and hobbyist programmer).

>Is NSL space anywhere "coreward" where the KV are coming from.

I dunno! The other option would be to reorganize Nyrath's data to
fit with the direction the Kra'Vak are coming from... Put the
NSL right in the line of fire...

       Tony Christney
       acc@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up! (was Re:[FT]Size of "Countries" in FT) Next: Re: [FT] Map 2