Prev: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour Next: Re: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up! (was Re:[FT]Size of "Countries" in FT)

Re: [FT/FB] Maximum ship size

From: Robert Crawford <crawford@i...>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 15:02:10 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT/FB] Maximum ship size

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 06:59:10AM +0000, Rob Paul wrote:
> I remember an old Heinlein in which massive (colony ship-type) "torch
ships"
> took off and landed from the sea.  I seem to recall they were
spherical, but
> at any rate it might make a (fairly feeble) excuse to have spacecraft
with
> watercraft shaped hulls.

	"Inherit the Stars"? It's the one with the twin telepaths for
FTL communications.

	I don't think they were spherical -- rather, they were cones
with hemispheres on top, like Traveller's X-boats.

--
						crawford@iac.net
"the feeling was exhilarating and addictive"

Prev: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour Next: Re: [URL] 3d GZG starmap up! (was Re:[FT]Size of "Countries" in FT)