Prev: Re: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB) Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

Re: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB)

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 01:20:43 +1100
Subject: Re: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> KV design Summary (utilising the KISS principle)
> *****
<snip>
> *****
> I'm quite happy with the way it works out, & the masses fit into the
> standard FTFB class designations.

Brendan,

Way too heavy, and not enought fire-power.. We should not have the
lightest ship mounting class3 Railguns a BattleCruiser.. That should be
light Cruiser, which should mount 2 of them, with a Battlecruiser
mounting
4 class3.. looking at MT, the target mass for FTFB should be as follows:

Scout - 8 mass
Corvette - 16 mass
Frigate - 24 mass
Destroyer - 32 mass
Lt Cruiser - 48 mass
Patrol Cruiser - 56 mass
Hvy Cruiser - 72 mass
battleCruiser - 88 mass
Battleship - 112 mass
BattleDreadnought - 128 mass
SuperDreadnought - 184 mass
Strike Carrier - 192 mass

Points must be at least 1.5 times the FTFB standard for the same class.

SA

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB) Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour