Prev: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers? Next: Re: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 00:18:53 +0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...

At 10:54 02/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Rob Paul <rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>>How about letting each level of armour absorb a set fraction of the
total
>>damage from a given attack?  Say, 25% for Level 1 and 50% for Level 2
(or
>>20% and 40%, or whatever).  A method like that would be quick and
simple,
>>would act against all weapon types unless specifically stated, and
wouldn't
>>need book-keeping etc.
>
>I gave this method some consideration, but it does mean that you add a
>chart into the equation; after all, few people know what 25% of 6 is,
with
>appropriate rounding, off the top of their head.
>

>Schoon

Eh?!?  The only person I know who can't divide by 4 is 3! :-)  I was
assuming the attacking ship would do "x" amount of damage, in total, and
the
armour would affect that "x", rather than rounding off for each PT hit,
SLM
etc.!

Seriously, is that level of arithmetic going to be seen as a serious
inconvenience by most FT players?  I can keep the FT design system in my
head (leaving out the exotica like Novas etc.), and I'm no mathemtical
genius!

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Newbie Question: suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers? Next: Re: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons