Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [OT] military clip art

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 02:03:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] military clip art

Brian spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Laserlight wrote:
>
> > > After all, what
> > > are friends for?	:)
> > >
> > > Thanks again. I'll check it out.
> > >
> > > Terrance L. Smith, Ph.D.
> > > tlsmith@micron.net
> >
> > Friends are there to die heroically and then loudly admire your
brilliance
> > in overcoming them.  Or was that a rhetorical question?
> >

> I thought friends were there to heroically slaughter your forces then
> refuse to be modest about the accomplishment?

You've met my friends I see. And it isn't heroic... it's downright
merciless and brutal. One can have great plans, but if one is
afflicted with the Dread Probability Skew Demon, ones fate is truly
sealed. Stupendous enemy incompetence is turned to brutal and
grievious harm through fabulous die rolling on behalf of an
incompetent tactician and incompetent  die rolling on behalf of the
fabulous tactician.... (some old saw about the best laid plans of
mice and men echoes in my head). But, Tis the Fun of Gaming. Besides,
it makes compassion for these *friends* when you win a total
non-starter - you can gloat like a Pig doing a Jig because its what
they've done to you so many times.... (ah! God love em!).

They are what gaming is all about.

> Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
> -- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/ --DS2/SG2/games--

Thomas Barclay