Prev: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Re: Asteroid combat [was Re: Planet types]

Asteroid combat [was Re: Planet types]

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 14:52:26 +0000
Subject: Asteroid combat [was Re: Planet types]

There was a good article recently in one of the UK wargamers magazines
(can't
remember which) about gaming on the surface of an asteroid. The basic
premise was
to assume that the asteroid was a rough cube, and thus could be
represented on the
tabletop by six equal-sized square areas - one for each face of the
cube. By moving
off the edge of one face you come on at the matching edge of an adjacent
face. IIRC
there were rules for firing at units which were close (within 2") of the
edge of an
adjacent face, which presumably would gain hull-down cover or similar.
We're very
tempted to use this as the basis of a show game next year.