Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 02:20:33 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

Fabet@aol.com wrote:

> For modern U.S. Army a engineer squad is usually attached to a
battalion for
> short periods of time (theres just not enough of them around to attach
full

*Does math in head*  (See!  Real Engineer.  Infantrymen do math on toes,
so I've heard.	Never actually seen one do math) That would make for a
whole company in a division.  What exactally are they doing out there in
the 82nd?

> time). As a platoon leader I was lucky to see on drive by. As a
company
> commander I rarely have 2 or 3 attached for special missions.

*Shrug*  I guess those Airborne Engineers have better union
representatives than we do. I've done exercises with a squad operating
in support of a company or even platoon many times before.

What the hell do you do with 3 Engineers?  That's enough to hold classes
which will, if you take two days doing it, make Infantry almost
competent to carry explosives without blowing themselves up.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers