Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: FT Pilots & Officers [OT]

Re: [GZG-L]

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:36:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG-L]

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:21:40 -0500, Alexander Williams writes:
>On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 04:12:13PM -0500, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>> But if tags make a huge difference, I'm all for it. Is there any way
>> to add them at the end of the subject line instead though so if stuff

>> needs cropped in my mailers view, it would be the [GZG-L] tag? Would
>> that screw up the sorting? Is that possible?
>
>The one thing the anti-taggers on the ML seem to miss is that some of
>us subscribe to five or more MLs on a dozen different subjects and the
>automatic collection of threads in a single ML into a coherent cluster
>via a simple and quick subject sort can never be overestimated in
>usefullness.
>
>In most mailer's field cropping, its the rear end that gets hacked off
>anyway, mind you, so placing tags at the end, aside from flaunting
>tradition and removing the usefullness of a quick alphabetic sorting,
>won't help with subject crop anyway.

It doesn't look like its possible to add the tag at the end without
some major hacking.  I'd need to add variables to the config files,
etc.  So for the near term its at the begining or nothing.

--=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: FT Pilots & Officers [OT]