Prev: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs Next: Re: GZG-L Chat

Re: FTFB Turn Arcs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 05:28:37 +0100
Subject: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs

Chris Lowrey asked:

[Someone else - sorry, missed who - asked]

> > Hi guys!  I was wondering if anybody had a lasso style turn arc
> >with the revised FTFB firing arcs.

No, but you can use the turning template in FT2 - F arc is 11 to 1, FS
is
1 to 3, AS is 3 to 5 etc. Just remove the FT2 arc markings - shouldn't
be
hard if you scan the FT2 template.

> I don't know about the above, but can anyone tell me why the turn
rates
for
> the Fleet Book are different from the ones found in the Earthforce
> Sourcebook for the Babylon Project.

Because the timescales are different. One game turn in FT is "commonly
agreed upon" as ~15-20 minutes, whereas one EFSB turn is maybe 60
seconds.

"Realistically", a change of facing for a starship takes on the order of
one minute to execute. This is a full EFSB turn or at least a very
significant fraction of it, but it is f-5-7% of a Full Thrust turn - so
Thrust 15+ ship might be affected by the time lost in turning, but
Thrust
15+ is very rare :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs Next: Re: GZG-L Chat