Prev: Re: Fuel Next: Re: GZG History

Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:44:55 +0100
Subject: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

Jerry Han asked:

> > > Right now, for example, I'm filtering on "To:" contains
"GZG-L@CSUA",
> > > which works like a charm.
> >
> > Except that on my mailer it doesn't catch "gzg-l@CSUA", "GZG-L@csua"
or
> > "gzg-l@csua". I found this out the hard way, having recieved all
four
> > variants over the past few days

and failed to filter them correctly at first, that is...

> > - so I now have all these variants as entries.

> Hmmm.  What mailer are you using?

Some Microsoft c**p - it calls itself "Internet Mail", but I'm not sure
if that's what it is marketted as :-/ There are some good features about
it, but... there are many deficiencies as well. This is one of them :-(

Please don't suggest that I download another mail handler unless there's
one which is less than about 100KB to download. That's the biggest file
size I can be reasonably certain of downloading in less than 10
attempts,
without my ISP breaking the connection *every* time :-(

I also wrote:

> >  I could (probably) cut it to two, though - "GZG-L@" and "gzg-l@"
> > - will try now. (Hopefully no-one will use "GZG-l" or "gzg-L", or
some
> > other combination of upper and lower cases...)

Tried this; it works. I have now cut the GZG filtering down to 4 cases:

"To" includes "GZG-L@"
"To" includes "gzg-l@"
"Copy" includes "GZG-L@"
"Copy" includes "gzg-l@"

I also re-tried not using the lower-case variants; sure enough, I got
the
gzg-l posts (but not the GZG-L ones) in my inbox instead. Bad place for
them to be, they sort of disappear among the SDS mail :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.