Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

Re: Fuel

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 10:38:13 +1300
Subject: Re: Fuel

>This has probably been discussed on the list before, I joined it, but
what
do >spaceships use for fuel in the "official" GZG universe?

>I thought that it would probably be skimmed from gas giants, ala
Traveller,
>but wouldn't that mean that there would be (at least partially)
streamlined
>tankers/fleet auxiliaries out there, & I've never seen a mention of
them
>anywhere.  What do the collective you use in your histories/campaigns?

Depends on your chosen genre.
For Star Trek, dilithium crystals and anti-matter.
For Babylon 5, ____________________ [your answer here].
For GZG Full Thrust, I think it's unspecified.
    But DSII allows Fusion Generation Plants which use fusion power. So,
perhaps the answer is any source of hydrogen, whether as water (then
cracked
into hydrogen and oxygen) or hydrogen gas from gas giants.
    This gives another possible objective in attacking/invading star
systems. Controlling the star system's gas giants would allow easy
refueling
as in Traveller. Except if you're invading a colony world with plenty of
water...

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]