Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:00:48 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> How about multiple modes? A Raking/Volume mode which gives you good
> hit/damage potential, but spreads the damage so armour acts more
> effectively (more lower energy projectiles) and a Piercing/Impact
> mode which gives you long range, good one-hit penetration vs armour,
> but less aggregate damage?
>
> Tom.

Oh ya, Oh ya!	This will keep everybody happy.   Shotgun and
Trashcan lovers unite, now all we need to do is make it work.

     Shotgun mode at short range allows the 'K' to 'scrub' the
armor off the target and have a low 'to hit' number.
     Trashcan mode at long range allows AP effects against
armor (1 point to armor and rest internal) and a higher 'to hit'
number.

As far as 'K' vs 'K' simply subtract the armor level from the
damage done per hit and apply the remainder per the above.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]