Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: Class 4 weapons...

Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:46:47 -0800
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Matthewseidl@cs.colorado.edu
...Snip...JTL

> >	It is my personal opinon that no one will ever mount type 4
> >anything on any ship ever.	If some one is willing to try, I will
> >be more than happy to design a ship to show them the power of the
> >force!...Sorry, the power of the type 2 and type 1.
> >
> >Bye for now,
> >John L.
>
> The question is, does that work if your enemy can outrage you by 50%.
> Sure you can go fast, but so can he.
>
> How about I build a ship with R3 railguns (range 45") aft and forward.
> You come after me, and I break into two groups.  You case one, and the
> other chases you.  With the extended range, I can hit you from outside
> your range pretty consistantly.  If you turn arround to take on the
> chasers who are firing at you, the leaers turn arround and become
> chasers.  Not much fun.

     I must admit I never considered the ship I was going to enguage
would be modular and continue to break down into smaller parts!!!
However, back to the type 4 weapons.   I'll still stand by the
original statement.

Bye for now,
John (the one desperate to create some sort of 'spacey' talk on the
new and improved list) L.

Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: Class 4 weapons...